Yoga Fundraiser for Peru El Nino Relief
Jersey Shore yogis, we need you! Come join us and dedicate your practice to raise funds and awareness for Peru.
A sudden and abnormal warming of Pacific waters off Peru has unleashed the deadliest downpours in decades, with landslides and raging rivers sweeping away people, clogging highways and destroying crops. At least 62 people have died and 80,000 have lost their homes.
Peru needs the rest of the world to show love, compassion, care and kindness. There is a worldwide call out to expedite resources to the hardest hit areas, mostly in the north where rainfall has broken records in several districts, said Prime Minister Fernando Zavala. Funds raised will be donated to the Peruvian Consulate for disbursement.
We are asking for a suggested donation of $15 at this event AND we are asking teachers and studios to host additional events within their own communities to contribute. Margo from River Yoga is donating proceeds, Colts Neck Hot Yoga’s owner, Ann Yocum, is raising funds and close friends far beyond NJ are working hard as well, teaching as an offering for the Peruvian Water Relief fund.
Please visit https://www.gofundme.com/peruvian-el-nino-relief-fund to donate to this worthy cause.
House of Independents, Asbury Park, NJ
Sunday, April 9, 2017 from 3pm-5pm
• Kick Off – Grand Jafe, Enrique Wegel & Peruvian Consulate (awaiting Peruvian Consul General confirmation of attendee)
• Water Intention – Wellness Forum Ambassador Regine Flimlin,
• YOGA PRACTICE & SERENADE:
◦ Stephen Triolo, ‘Ohana Yoga School
◦ Serena Soffer, Laughing Lotus, Asbury Park
◦ Tim Shaw, Jivamukti Yoga, Neptune & Red Ban
◦ Ann Healy, Jersey Shore Hot Yoga, Avon
◦ Brett Brett Yoga Man, Spring Lake & Marlboro
◦ Michelle Doyle, Monmouth Beach Yoga
◦ Dan Abbot, Synergy Hot Yoga, Fairhaven
◦ Yulady Saluti, TBA
• CLOSING Crystal Bowl Meditation, Dana Potts
Please contact Regine Flimlin at email@example.com if you would like to host an event at your fitness studio to support the cause.